Friday, June 29, 2012

Cryx Wraith Engine 1

Muhahahahahahahahaha....oh hi. Sorry for that. This post was a while in the making, and it pleases me much to now share with you one of my pride and joys.

NOT just because I play Cryx (for Privateer Press tabletop game Warmachine), but because this project had me in my most crazy creative in a while. When I conceived this project I went nights dreaming of it and how to pull it off, you see it is more than just a regular battle engine. More than just a model. More than....ok well I will let the pics speak for themselves.






As you can see from the 'Frosted Mini' post, he did turn out rather nicely. The basing detail really adds to this piece making it not only a model that matches the rest of the army, but doubles as a nice display piece as well.

Now here is the kicker, the geniusness of my madness: It. Lights. UP! Damn straight I just said that. I will say it again!

IT
LIGHTS
UP!



Oh so tricky. Many a crazy nights here. How you ask? I am indeed a madman. See the soul coming out of the body? it has a spring on the bottom, press down to turn on or off the lights. There are 3 of them in this bad boy. The trickiest part was hiding the battery and switch. I actually had to drill holes in the base for the switch. the wires were soldered underneath the base.

 And the battery?  See the little Stitch Thrall (undead with the sack) in the back? If you look close you notice that part of the base looks odd? That is where the battery is hidden. Underneath the base. The Thrall is attached to this piece which can be removed to replace the battery. Now that was tricky. I had to break apart the base and perfectly realign and reassemble so it is still playable.

I am happy to share this piece with you, hope you liked it. Now onto more pic taking and painting. until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment