Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Here there be a dragon


Ok following up last weeks post of welcoming in the new year, here is a commission piece i did at the end of last year. This is a Ral Partha Classics piece, the Black Dragon of Fire and Darkness.

The model does not come with a base, so I had to custom make one. The client wanted the dragon to be on the prowl, stalking or confronting his prey, the lowly ones that come to do him harm. I believe it was used for a role-playing campaign as well. 

Here are some pics, I hope you enjoy them::











I tried to get both body and base in the images, it was a long model.  Painting black can be tricky and the highlights are hard to see here, but I tried to get them to show up on camera. The base was extremely fun to do, although tricky to position the dragon upon it.

Well there you have it. I hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures. I am off to paint some more as I do what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment